Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Lessons from My Son

Alexander is an amazing little man. Wide-eyed, he explores the world around him with reckless abandon. The thing about him that really amazes me is that he truly is "no respecter of persons" when it comes to social situations. Alexander doesn't see the things which men see, he does not care if you smell or if your teeth are all nasty or if you're morbidly obese or if you look as if you do not bathe regularly or if you're from a bad family or bad neighborhood or what skin color you have or your sexual orientation or what religion you have or if you are older than dirt or just a little sapling. Alexander does not care. No matter what, he'll walk right up to you in a crowded room, with a smile, and ask you "what's your favorite thing?" He'll try the best he can to strike up a conversation and leave you smiling and feeling the better for it.

I have a lot to learn from my son. I have a feeling this is just the beginning.

No comments: