Sunday, December 26, 2010

SBE #6: Living With the Past

(originally published FRIDAY, MARCH 31, 2006)


We cannot live in the past.


We must have regrets, but we cannot live with regrets. A lot of us want to spend our time dwelling on the sins of our past, constantly looking over the shoulder. Satan has convinced us that we need to be always thinking, and feeling guilty about what we have done. God does not want this from us. He does not ask us to dwell on such things, if we have confessed and repented, He has made us whole again. Now look forward. Run the Race, pushing onward, with our eyes fixed on our Prize: Our Heavenly Father.


When will we realize that we have been called, that Abba has made us for another purpose. We are not here to be slaves to sin any longer.


We have all done things that we wish we had not. What is done is done. If God is not going to hold against me my sin, then I am not going to hold my sin against me either. And, maybe, more importantly, I am not going to hold the sins of others against them. I have no need to know about the sin of my loved ones, the sins of their past. That would cause me unnecessary pain. It would be a stumbling block for me. Why drudge up the past. Why create a a situation where I must forgive but might not. God is willing to make Himself ignorant of our sin, for His sake. I think we should be willing to do the same. Let ourselves be ignorant of the sins of others, for His sake, their sake and for our own sake.


"I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.Isaiah 43:24-26 (in Context)Isaiah 43




Thank you for reading!
Scott.

No comments: